Friday, February 8, 2013

How Safe is Your Air Freshener? An Air Freshener Skeptic's Journey

If you're spraying something other than For Every Home's patented OAM Spray, chances are you're spraying harmful chemicals--possibly even nerve agents into your air.  OAM is plant-based and natural with out the harmful chemicals and nerve agents of the leading brands.  

OAM Sprays and OAM Gels eliminate odors better than the leading brands without putting harmful chemicals into your air.

That's what the latest 2013 FOR EVERY HOME catalog proclaims.

I, for one, believe it word for word.  That might be because I am the one who wrote the copy.

It is important for me to be honest.  Not only as a Marketing Writer but also as an Independent Consultant with For Every Home.  I've studied and taught rhetoric and visual rhetoric for years.  It's powerful, influential stuff.  I refuse to write what I don't believe is true.  That means, I won't take on a project unless I believe in it.

And I'm a believer in OAM Sprays by For Every Home. I am thoroughly impressed by OAM products.  OAM stands for Odor Absorbing Molecules.  For Every Home's OAM formula is a patented plant/water-based formula unique to FOR EVERY HOME.  Only FOR EVERY HOME has OAM (Odor Absorbing Molecules.)

How do OAM work? They chemically change the odor and neutralize it.  More importantly, does OAM work?

I give you an emphatic YES.

You need to know two things about me.  First, I hate, absolutely hate chemically smells--the world has enough pollution.  I don't need to spray any more into my house.

When Dan and I first got married, we lived in a little studio apartment.  I cannot emphasize too much the word little. The kitchen/living room was smaller than most people's closets. We could sit on our couch and reach the kitchen table.

Small wasn't the problem, though.  It was also stinky. Picture a mixture of scummy goldfish water, stale green peppers, and month-old laundry and you'll get the idea.  This was a time before I knew about OAM, probably because OAM was not yet invented yet.  I scraped together some money from our meager  married student budget and purchased Glade carpet freshener.  What came next was a powder storm similar to old footage of DDT crop dusting.  Powdered particles highlighted by sunlight suspended in the air.

I waited for the dust to settled, vacuumed, and sniffed. What remained was a fragrant bouquet of apples mixed with chemicals and a strong undertone of...the original stench.  We were blessed to find another apartment--with new carpeting--two months later.

The second thing you need to know about me is that I am a skeptic.  Disgruntled, it was over four years before I tried buying another air freshener.  I was expecting our second child and incredibly nauseated.  I tried Fabreeze to get rid of the molded cantaloupe smell in the pantry.  The smell of fragrance and chemicals masked the lingering scent of rotten cantaloupe.  Surely this couldn't be good for my baby!

Years later, when my husband worked for a small fragrance company in Utah, I discovered OAM Sprays.  I   have to admit, I thought OAM Sprays would be like my other bad experiences and I put off trying the bottle of OAM Spray I had.

But then I discovered the mini deep freeze had been unplugged for days without anyone noticing.  The pure stench of the thawed, rotting food makes me gag to this day.  I hauled the freezer onto the front lawn, sprayed it down with the hose, and scrubbed it with antibacterial soap.  The stench remained.   We'd have to get rid of our deep freezer.

I had one last hope: a bottle of OAM Green Apple Spray.  I sprayed down the freezer and shut the lid.  I figured I'd leave it on the lawn to make it easier to haul it away, but when I opened the lid, I was AMAZED. No more stench.  Absolutely no rotten food smell.  And best of all...no chemical smell to go with it!

I've gone through dozens of bottles of OAM Spray since then.  I even started selling it.  I use OAM Sprays on campfire smells, sleeping bags, burnt dinner smells when I forget to watch dinner, bathroom odors, stinky dogs, cars, you name it. I spray OAM Spray on furniture, carpets, in hair, on dogs, even on my kidlets. OAM Sprays even work on cigarette smoke and skunk.  As long as I stick with OAM Sprays, I'm past my skepticism about chemically smelling air fresheners.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment